Eight Ways To Improve Your Email Marketing Results
Have you ever wished you had a magic wand that would send customers your way every time you waved it? Magic wands don’t exist, but there is a tool you can make work like magic. It’s email marketing. And, “hashtag”, it still works. If you’re not using it, you should be. If you are using email marketing and aren’t getting the results you’d like, review your email strategy and use these 8 tips to improve your results.
8 Tips to Improve Email Marketing Results
1-Understand your target market and how to reach them
Successful email marketing starts with an understanding of who you want to reach, and what it will take to make them want to do business with you. For some businesses, that means your email marketing campaigns will consist at least in part of information that educates, informs or entertains your readers to build brand familiarity and trust. For others, it means sending existing customers notices about new products and special offers. Before you start any email campaign, take the time to work out your strategy and deliver the right type of message to your customers and prospects.
2- Send To a Receptive Audience
A receptive audience is a permission-based list. People you add to your list without first getting permission will ignore your mail, or mark it as spam. Build a responsive list by inviting prospects to sign up for your email list at every possible opportunity. Here are just a few suggestions:
- Put a signup form on every page of your website
- Include a sign-up link on your Facebook and Google+ business pages, and in your profile on other social media sites
- Include a link to your signup form in the description for your YouTube videos
- Add your signup link to all printed materials
- Consider creating and including a QR code to let smart phone users quickly add themselves to your email list.